Search This Blog

2 Key Herbs that Will Fight Fatigue, Depression and Stress!!!

2 Key Herbs that Will Fight Fatigue, Depression and Stress!!!

I found this article on the Intent.com website by Michelle Schoffro Cook on "5 Natural Energy Boosters" as I am always looking for information on improving my health and increasing my energy. So the first paragraph caught my attention "Do you muster every ounce of energy you have just to lift your limbs out of bed, experience a daily afternoon crash that only lifts with a caffeine boost, or feel a general sense of fatigue throughout the day? According to researchers, you are not alone. Fatigue is the second most common complaint to doctors in North America.

Unfortunately, many people turn to caffeine to boost their energy levels. That approach provides short-lived energy at best. At worst, it may cause damage to your body in the form of caffeine addiction, blood sugar fluctuations and adrenal gland depletion that makes you more vulnerable to stress. Since caffeine continues to work for about 12 hours, that afternoon coffee may leave you lying awake counting sheep when you are ready to sleep."

I read these lines and I went wow that fatigue effects many people if it is the second most common complaint. So I read the remaining of the article, where the author discussed Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly, Siberian Ginseng Extract, Spirulina and Gotu Kola.

So I decided to try Siberian Ginseng Extract and Gotu Kola, according to the article

3. Siberian Ginseng Extract As the name suggests, Siberian ginseng originates in Siberia. It also grows in Japan, China, and Korea and parts of Canada. It has been used medicinally for at least two thousand years. Siberian ginseng is one of only a handful of herbs that is an adaptogen, which means that it works to normalize bodily functions. It inhibits the adrenal stress response and works as an immune stimulant, particularly for fighting the effects of stress and depression. It aids the liver in detoxifying harmful toxins, including chemotherapeutic agents and radiation. Siberian ginseng also stimulates the activity of several immune system components: B and T cells, making it excellent for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other viral infections. Athletes around the world use Siberian ginseng as a training aid because of its reputed ability to increase resistance to stress, increase performance, bolster the immune system during workouts, and reduce fatigue. But it also helps strengthen energy levels over time.

5. Gotu Kola Gotu Kola is an herb that contains many nutrients and healing phytochemicals. As one of the primary energy herbs used by herbalists, gotu kola lessens fatigue and depression without the effects of caffeine. Actually, unlike caffeine that may keep you awake into the evenings, gotu kola actually helps improve sleep at night.

I took these herbs with meals for two week, and the first few days I did not notice any change in my energy level. On the fourth day, I have to say that started to notice that I had more sustained energy throughout the work day. I did not have my usual afternoon crash where I would start looking for chocolate to get through the remaining of the day. I was more focused during meetings and completed tasks in a timely manner. I noticed that once I left the office that I had additional energy to do my exercise routine. Once, I went to sleep, I slept like I was in a 5 star hotel big and then woke up refreshed. These two herbs have given me an extra boost that I needed, so I highly recommend these herbs and the other herbs noted in the article. Try them and let me know your results.

So join me in getting fit and healthy by changing our mind, body and spirit one day at a time.